This course is run in an informal and highly participative way with active discussions, exchange of ideas, exercises, group work and practice sessions to polish new skills.
There is homework to be completed in for day 2 and for day 3.
• Write and evaluate structured objectives
• Plan training to meet the defined objectives
• Identify appropriate methods to maximise the group’s understanding
• Develop skills to engage all members of the group
• Ensure training is applied in the workplace
• How people learn in groups
• Writing an instructional objective
• Structuring training – introduction, development and consolidation
• Handling groups effectively
• Questioning techniques
• Using visual aids and hand-outs
• Increasing participation
• Using syndicates and exercises
• Completing workplace action plans
• Delegate practice sessions
This course runs over three full days and you will be required to do course preparation in between the course dates.
On day 2 as well as day 3, delegates are formally assessed delivering a training session to the standard required by People 1st for the award of the Group Training Certificate.