By the end of the course you will be able –
- To understand the needs of people with allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease and the challenges of choosing food suitable for them when shopping and eating out.
- To know which foods are most likely to cause reactions and which recipes require them.
- To understand the legal obligations of supplying food to people with allergies and intolerances.
- To understand about related conditions such as asthma, eczema and allergic rhinitis (e.g. to pollens, cats, dogs etc).
- To have some insight into the needs of particular groups – babies, young children, teenagers and the elderly and to appreciate who is at greatest risk.
- To know how to choose, prepare and serve suitable food for somebody with food allergy or intolerance.
- To understand environmental and other allergy risks in the everyday workplace – for example from latex, soap and cleanning products.
1/2 day in class delivery